22 May 2013

Think I finally figured it out...

I spend a lot of time alone. Make no mistake, it's by choice.

As I don't sleep much, I'm always looking for something to do in order to occupy the time I'm not at work or school.  Video games take up a good chunk of that time, but not all of it.

That's the reason I started this blog in the first place. Lately, I often sit and wonder why I have been having such a hard time getting back to my writing and maintenance of this blog. I used to spend a good amount of time working on it because it was so satisfying to me as well as therapeutic. About a week ago, out of nowhere, it finally hit me. 

I didn't think about it...I just DID it. 

Whatever thoughts jumped into my head, whatever I was feeling, I would just log on, blurt it out here, and move on. It wasn't ever any real effort, it all came naturally. 

I didn't treat it like WORK, which is where my mind has been with it. A few weeks back I filtered back through some of my old postings, looking for a particular picture. During that time, I noticed the differences between when I started, the mid-point when I really hit my stride, then the last couple of years where I kind of fell off.  In an effort to kind of come back from the dead, so to speak, I did try to write now and again, but you can see the differences. I had to put far too much effort into some of those postings, just like I mentally edited them while I was writing, something else I never did before.

I hate fucking editing myself. Not doing it anymore. 

I've had the attitude for years that you have to take me for who and what I am. I live my life the way I choose, and I don't explain myself to anyone. So hopefully my writing will get decent again and I will get that satisfaction back that I so miss. 

Cheers! :) 

No comments: