28 December 2009

Are the holidays required to be happy?

It's finally over, and I couldn't be happier!!!

Fuck Christmas >:)

I know that's its a special holiday for so many, and for those who do truly love it, I hope you had a fantastic holiday.

For me, it's just another stress in my life that I don't need.

Now to prepare for the new year. Another day full of false promises we make to ourselves, promises rarely kept. Do you really need a specific day of the year to start fresh, and try to improve whatever part of your life required said promise?

I think not.

I've started my path for improvement early this year. Think it will not work as well because I didn't wait until the "New Year"? I'll have to let you know that one later.

I have a lot of things to take care of in the first half of the new year, it's fairly ridiculous to be honest.

Dentist appointments galore, due to a Christmas Day incident (fucking shocker, eh?) which left me with one less tooth and 12 stitches in my mouth. Special, wish I played hockey even more now.

My baby sister Heather's wedding in Washington in May, vacation #1 with my boyfriend shortly thereafter. So a couple of awesome things to look forward to early next year.

Working on a business venture with my best friend/bro Dan, which could work out very well for the both of us, since we would FINALLY be doing what we love for a job. As not to jinx it, I will fill you in on details as they become more available.

I will also be working full time on this blog again. Yeah yeah, I know I've said that a few times before, but I really had not a lot of reason to do so before, but as this blog will also be tied in to my business, I need to keep on it from now on.

Here's to all those I love having a great New Year's.

Cheers :)

No comments: