04 February 2008

And so my record stands firm

So as you should have noticed by now, I'm a sports fanatic. Hockey has been number 1 in my book for 14 years now, but I also love baseball, football, golf, etc. Pretty much anything....

...except Nascar. Sorry sweetie. And Kat.

Today was the Super Bowl. New England Patriots and the New York Giants. Now neither of these are my teams, but as is tradition, I do still always watch AND bet on the Super Bowl. I bet and won my first football bet when I was 9 years old.

I have won my bet and guessed the winning team every year (minus one) every year since. The miss was last year (the only year I didn't put money on it, coincidentally), and it was by my team. Son of a bitch....

My streak returned this year with my pick of the winning team once again.

I now have $400 to add to my "moving the fuck out of California" fund.

I knew the Patriots were going to lose. Now I get to spend the next week ripping on everyone who laughed and thought I was crazy for saying so.

And just as a cool sidenote to rub in the fact that yes, some of us girls do know our shit.....

One of our regular customers came in to get a pizza about 45 minutes after the game was over. We of course started discussing the game, and I stated how glad I was to win that bet. He starts laughing, and says, "Yeah, my mother bet on the Giants, too. She even got the point spread dead on. She won a thousand dollars." His mom is 63.

See....girls are awesome...

No comments: