08 October 2008

To my friends and family :)

You know how it is when you are waiting for something? Something you really want?

Time drags ass....

Waiting for things has never been one of my strong suits...

Probably because there is so very little in life that I ever want.

I have no issue with that, but like I said...when there is something I want, I fucking hate having to wait for it.

In case you're wondering what I'm babbling about, it's just that I am so damn close to leaving for basic training, yet it is still far enough away to annoy the piss out of me. It's literally just weeks, but for me, that is far too damn long. Mostly 'cause I was ready to go like YESTERDAY...oh, well....

I've gotten quite the mixed reaction to this whole thing. The couple of people who's opinion truly matters seem to be the ones who are having the most problem with this. A couple of my newer friends (like Dora) also seem to have issue with it, so it is basically a non-subject for now.

Guess what guys? It won't be a non-subject when I leave, because my absence will be a lot more noticeable then...

It's a little hard for me to understand a few of these reactions, but mostly because the people who are reacting haven't known me as long. The only one who can really bitch at me about it and get away with it is Dan, but that's because he knows my personal history better than anyone, save one person...

Well, I have been taking care of myself my whole life, so I think I can handle this decision on my own, thank you. I appreciate that some people are worried, and why, but I will say the same thing here as I have in person.

I run the same risk of injury and damage living here in Southern California as I do going anywhere else. As do any one of you, wherever you happen to be.

Remember all the times you said to me, at various times over the years, "you are too smart to be working at a place like this.."?

Bet you fuckers are regretting that shit now, ain't ya??

You are just gonna have to trust that I know what I'm doing, and that I will be okay.

Love you guys....

No comments: