11 August 2012

It was a long day today.

Work was just a reminder of why it was a good decision (not really mine) to go back to school.  My distaste for the general public continues to grow on a daily basis.

It's not everyone.  I still meet nice people on occasion and I have a lot of regular customers that I'm glad to see, as I know they will not give me hassle.  There are just things I hear or see everyday that have always gotten on my nerves and as time marches on, they irritate the shit out of me more and more. 

One of the biggest? People feeding their children what basically equates to unhealthy crap after midnight. I ended up stuck at work longer than I was supposed to be (as usual) and the last thing I heard over my headset before I chucked it onto the table in disgust was a parent ordering 2 kid's meals for her children....at 12:45 in the a.m.  Seriously...what the FUCK?? Why are your children not sleeping??  Not only are they still awake at this time, you are barely feeding them dinner, at Wendy's, this late at night? And people wonder why childhood obesity is running rampant in our country.

Fucking assholes.

People and their damn cell phones, mobile devices, whatever the fuck they are now.  I swear on my life these people only use their phones AS a phone when it will irritate me the most.  You know, like when they have been standing in line for 10 minutes waiting for me to take their order and they wait until it's their turn before they finally decide to call their family member, buddy, or what have you to say...

"Hey, I'm at Wendy's....you want anything?"  The best part? When they start reading off the whole menu over the phone and the 15 people behind them who already know what they want are frowning at ME like I'm the one who is being discourteous.  

If I was allowed to put hands on some of these people I swear they would have those fancy little pieces of plastic crammed straight up their ass.

Little less than two years until graduation and I am DONE with customer service for-fucking-ever. 

I remember the days when I thought I could do these jobs forever....long gone.

They keep trying to get me to do management and I keep telling them "no spank you" because I enjoy having a LIFE.  It may not be much of one, considering that I spend what time I have gaming, watching movies, listening to music and school, but it's mine and my time is precious dammit!!

Even though I just got home from that pit 2 hours ago, I must now try to take a nap because I need to be back there in about 7 hours.  Have to be ready to go because IMPORTANT people (saarccassmmm) are going to be hanging out there most of the day tomorrow watching to see how we "operate".  

It's fast food assholes, we aren't fucking saving lives.  If anything, we are contributing to a quicker demise for some of them.  10 hours in that place tomorrow (later today, whatever) will hopefully garner at least one interesting story. 

We shall have to see now, won't we?? :-D


No comments: