23 September 2012

No gaming tonight.

Sitting here watching "King of the Hill" on Netflix until I pass out, work tomorrow.  Thank goodness it's my Friday. Especially after today's incident.

I am pretty tolerant when it comes to rude behavior from customers.  My normal view on things is that none of the people that filter in and out of my job, even regular customers, don't know me, nor will they ever.  Do I care what their opinion of me is?

Absolutely, positively...hell no.

So after listening to today's douchebag swear at me and call me names over fries that the CASHIER was not supposed to have bagged up yet as his sandwiches were not ready, that I had every intention of replacing once his food was done, I just got fed up.  Even after being berated by this moron after telling the cashier to make sure she got the old fries and put them in waste, as management is very strict about watching food cost, I still tried to keep quiet.  It was when he leaned over the counter and accused me of implying he was trying to get free food, I made only one statement to this person.  I can't call him a man because REAL men don't act like that, and I won't call him a boy either because that is an insult to the younger generation of future men who possibly haven't been taught you don't speak to people in that manner.

The statement I made was this...in these exact words...

"I think it's really sad that your life is so bad that you have nothing better to do with your time than to harass fast food workers over french fries. I really am sad for you....I'm sorry."

Guess he didn't like that too much hahahahahaha

So he continued to swear at me and basically made an ass of himself in front of a restaurant full of customers, which I continued to ignore.  Oddly enough, I have discovered over the years that when you ignore someone who is trying to harass you, they just get more angry.

I'm not gonna lie, I think it's fantastic when that happens.

He finally decided to leave and so I figured the whole episode was over.  Besides, I had already moved on as I had customers who needed to be helped.  While I was handing out the next couple of orders, the customers who I spoke to that had witnessed everything told me that they were surprised about how calm I was during all of it and they would have handled things a lot more violently than they did. Funny as hell.  One of my regulars I told...

"I'm not allowed to do that anymore, I can't risk my financial aid!!" True story.

About 3 or 4 minutes passed and that son of a bitch came back.  He went out of his way to look for the manager, which was Willie tonight, and asked him for a plastic bag.  He then stated he hadn't asked for one before he left because "those two bitches at the front counter probably wouldn't have given me one."

That's when it happened...SNAP!!

Call me all the names you want in the world, say whatever you will, believe me, I've been up against bigger and badder than you, nothing you will do can phase me.

Treat any of my friends or family like that though, consider yourself fucked.

So I turned to my cashier, my friend Elida and said, "Man, he (Willie) better get the motherfucker out of here, someone's about to get fucked up.  If he think I can't beat a dude's ass, he's about to find out the truth about that!"

To which King Douche then states, "See??? She just called me a motherfucker!! You let people like that work here???"

To which I stated, "YEAH, they do, and guess what?? I will be back here the next time you come back and I'm gonna make sure EVERYONE else who works here knows exactly who you are.  Let's see how the service you get is gonna be after that!"

Fucking asshole.

I'm sorry if your life sucks, but I honestly could give two fucks.  I save my sympathy for the people who deserve it.  For the people who have been through unimaginable shit and survived, even more so for the people who didn't make it.  As much shit as I've been through in this first part of my life, I always keep this perspective in mind...

I was lucky enough to be born strong and with good sense.  I survived far many more situations in life than I ought to have had to, but you know what? As horrendous as my life was, there are so many more who had it even worse and if they were able to survive it, many of them didn't end up as lucky as me.  I've been taking care of my self for what seems like forever, I work, I take care of all my needs on my own and I try every day to lead by example.  I'm a worst case scenario that was repaired as well as can be expected.  It's work to wake up and attempt to be normal every damn day of my life, but I deal with and do my best to appreciate that fact that I am alive at all.

It's the best I can do.

For those who think it's okay to shit on people, whether you know them or not, over something as petty as french fries or anything else equally petty I have only one thing to say to you.

Go..

Fuck...

Yourself...

...

Please!!

Hopefully tomorrow will not be so obnoxious.  I have homework to do and gaming to catch up on!!

Cheers! :)

No comments: