23 March 2008

....always the bridesmaid....

Today I was thinking about my friends Dan and Laura. You know Dan now, probably better than you ever wanted or needed to, but you do nonetheless.

Moldy avocadoes. I only blame you....badjoo....lol

Anyway, it's been a year now that Dan and Laura have been married. This time last year, I took some days off from work, and flew up to Washington to spend 3 of the most insane and fun days ever with my nearest and dearest. It's amazing what certain events in your life will bring. Old friendships on the verge of being gone forever were renewed, friendships that just are were made even stronger, and many more fun memories were created that weekend.

The best, of course, being the wedding.

So a year has gone by, and their life continues to go in the direction that has always been meant for them.

Congrats, guys....love ya... :)

With same time of year comes another wedding. This one I won't be attending, only because it will be taking place in Scotland. My friends Jimmy and Kathy are also in a "FINALLY" getting married situation. They are both Scottish, so this is pretty great for them. Kathy's son Connor will also be there, as will be Kathy's mom. I'm very happy for them, and I know I will get to see it, since I know they will be filming it.

Good luck, and safe travels. See you at the Highland Games in June. ;)

When I was a little girl, and all the way up into my mid-20's, all I ever really wanted with was to get married, and have a family of my own. At some point I don't recall, I came to the self-realization that I didn't think marriage was all that important. It's no guarantee you will stay with your husband/wife, and anyone thinks that a piece of paper and an unnecessarily expensive piece of jewelery is a guarantee for a perfect relationship, all I have to say is sorry, it's so not.

A few months back, I was having a conversation with a couple of the girls at work. They asked me if I was ever gonna get married. I told them I wasn't sure. Then one of the girls, Dianna, said...

"Don't get mad at me for saying this, but I don't think you're going to."

I just laughed, and asked why she thought that. You know what she said?

"Your too much of a free spirit. We think you would feel too tied down."

Thing is, she's probably right. I have no issue with that. To be honest, I don't have some invisible clock ticking, telling me that I have to "hurry up!! Get married and have babies, because if you don't do it by this particular time, you never will." I couldn't imagine living my life like that. Just like people who are in relationships just so they don't have to be alone. I'm one of those weirdos that think things happen for a reason, and things that are meant to happen, will. Fate, destiny, whatever you want to call it. If a husband and a family of my own don't come into my life, it's because they were never supposed to.

Doesn't mean I can't still be happy, right?

No comments: