25 March 2008

two weeks notice

Oh, how I wish that were a more literal statement.

It's not.

I found out tonight at work that it will be at least two more weeks before my boss is coming back.
................

Fuck....

That's okay, I'm actually already used to being in that damn place everyday. It's always interesting, at least. Plus, I do like 95% of the people I work with, and that helps....alot. Every day that I'm there, I'm reminded of why I stopped taking management jobs.

Nowhere in my job description of any management job I've ever had, has "babysitting" been one of the things I'm getting paid to do. Yet I spend the vast majority of my time doing just that.

It helps keep me busy.

Because of all the hiring and firing going on, almost everyone in the kitchen is new. That is where I'm spending the vast majority of my time on the weekends. It was very much the case on Friday, which was unusually busy for some reason. At some point, it had to go to hell up front.

Customer comes in to pick up a pizza, gets home, and finds out its wrong. Understandably, he is not happy. So he comes back in, we apologize, make him new food, and give him store credit for next time. Standard. He asks to speak to me, I tell them to to tell him sorry, but I can't leave the kitchen right now, it's way too busy. I ask if they took care of everything already, and they said they had. Then I kinda turned and saw who it was.

....shit....

I have already gotten into it with this asshole a couple of times before, and I wasn't going for 3. I was too busy, and in no mood for his bullshit. Either way, I lose, because he always calls the complaint line. Since our other customers have already been so patient with the fact that we were about half an hour behind, I wasn't moving.

That dumbass actually stayed there for about an hour trying to get me to come out and talk to him. As if. As expected, he called the complaint line. I have to say that it is the best one I ever got, and I'm quite proud of it. When Donna came in to visit, I showed her the printout, which they send us from corporate. She laughed so hard, I was worried she might hurt herself.

He told them that I kept coming out of the kitchen to help female customers, and that I ignored him. The only problem with that is, I never left the kitchen once I went into it. I went in around 6, and was in there until around 11 or so.

Asshole.

The best part is his theory on why I was ignoring him.

Apparently, I am "gender-biased". Which to those who know me, well, they know what a joke that is.

In most cases, with the exception of the few who have been mentioned on this blog, I despise females.

So in a way, I guess he is kinda right, but only half.

No comments: