16 March 2008

A little more perspective for you.

Well, I have to say, it's been an interesting start to the new year.

It's amazing to me still how fast things in your life can change. One minute, your life is moving along at its normal snails pace.

The next, your the deer in the headlights, too stunned by the sudden, bright lights to move out of the way.

That's just the way it's supposed to be, at least that's what I think. That being said...

As I mentioned before, due to Donna's illness, surgery, and now lengthy recovery, I spend pretty much all my time taking care of the restaurant and all the goings on that go with it. I'm doing the job of 3 managers right now, and not really even getting paid for one. 7 days a week, I am at the restaurant. Fuck.

That's why I ALWAYS tell the kids I work with......STAY IN SCHOOL!!!!

I have fired, am in the process of firing, and hiring on an insane basis in the last month. I figure a few more here and there, and we will be all squared away. Which will eleviate a lot of the guilt I have about leaving that damn place by summer.

Have I mentioned how much I hate California????

The point is, I'm fucking exhausted, I now sleep like a lazy teenager when I'm not at work, and I think I may be going insane. One of the cooks cost us almost $500 in mistakes within an hour and a half, and I about lost it. By 8pm I was feeling so hostile, I had to go for a little walk, just to get the hell out of there so I wouldn't hurt anybody.

When Donna gets back, I'm taking at least 3 days off.

I missed the Matthew Good show in L.A. Fucking work....

Also with this new year came the ending of my relationship. I'm suprisingly okay with it, probably because we are still best friends, and after all, it was a mutual decision. As much as we thought we could handle it, turns out the distance really was too much, and it was impossible for us to maintain it properly. So rather than end up ruining a perfectly good friendship, we decided it should be just that.

Things do change quickly, don't they?

I'm glad I'm moving soon. I do have a few friends here that I will miss, but I really have more people here that I would definitely rather not be around. My friends are my family, and will always know how to find me.

By the time I leave here, it will be for what I hope will be a truly fresh start on my life.

Interesting to see what's happening by summertime.....

1 comment:

rabbit said...

D A N G said...
sorry to hear mex... so does this mean yer moving back to washington?

April 5, 2008 5:32 AM