11 June 2008

Today is my day off. The only one I get off this week, but I'm okay with that. I'd rather spend my days being annoyed at work, because it will make time go by faster. I had to run to the store and get Coke (Pepsi is gross), it's pretty much all I drink. Well, that and water, which makes my friends very happy, as it was something I pretty much refused to do before. Sugar just damn tastes better. Probably had something to do with the fact that I used to be as big as a house, and now I'm not.

When I left my house on this errand, I got another huge sign that it's time for me to leave here. My tia Eileen, who lives directly across the street, was out at the end of the driveway with my other tia, Irene (her twin), and my cousin Nadine. Next door (to us), my father was watering the neighbors' lawn. You could literally feel the animosity between the three eldest, my cousin and myself being in caught in the middle of a bunch of bullshit. I almost turned around and went back inside, as I had to walk right through the middle of that. I could get into a lot of the reasons why, but it really just too damn depressing.

The first thing I learned at an unfortunately young age is the fact that blood is NOT the tie that binds. Not by a long shot. I have spent the last 10 years building solid friendships with people who have become my family. It's one of the reasons I am so careful about who I let into my life.

Not that mistakes haven't been made. That's why I shut my other blog down. That's why my pseudonym is all your getting for a bit. That'll change in the next few days or so, depending on how much stuff and how long it takes me to transfer the things I want to keep from my original blog. I was just gonna leave the old one up, but some of it needs to be here. Then I'm gonna delete it. Its existence is just no longer necessary. I don't want to backtrack, just move forward.

With everything in my life, I'm only going forward.

Never back again.

No comments: