13 June 2008

When I left Bellingham to come to California, I did so leaving a majority of my property behind. I don't own a lot, but what I do own is precious to me. You see, I'm a collector. Some of it is just little bullshit, like stuffed animals and other girly type things like that.

Then there is the more serious stuff.

Some of you don't know this yet, but I am a complete and utter NERD. I'm damn proud of that fact, just to keep the record straight. I played Dungeons and Dragons for about 11 years, have played video games since the Atari 2600 ('cause I'm probably older than you), will read damn near anything put in front of me, I have seen EVERY "episode" of "Star Wars" at the theatre, love "LOTR" and "Harry Potter" and yes, I even wear glasses, have since I was 4 years old. The biggest tell, I've been told, revolves around my biggest collection...

...my comic books.

Boxes and boxes of comic books. I'm what I like to call very "Brodie" about them. If you've ever seen the movie "Mallrats", you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. All in boxes, fully organized, back boards and plastic, the whole deal. I'm also a collector who refuses to give up her collection under any circumstances, so someone will be benefiting from than one day.

This is going somewhere...


Probably the last midnight show with my friends in California, and well worth it.

They are finally doing our comics justice. :)

No comments: