18 January 2008

"Cloverfield" mini-review, and the next movie I'm waiting to see

Okay, so I just got back from seeing "Cloverfield". I loved it. I loved it in the same way that I loved "AvP: Requiem". As long as your not expecting some Oscar winning performances, you won't be disappointed.

The movie was filmed in the manner of "Blair Witch", by one of the main characters in the movie, so if watching BWP made you queasy, this one may as well. I don't have that problem, so it was no issue for me. The creature was awesome, if for no other reason than the sheer size of the thing. You have to appreciate an alien who can have nuclear missiles shot at it, and watch it shake it off. Cool as hell.

So before I put everything I just saw in this post, I'm done.

Well, not quite done...


"Ironman" trailer

I saw the preview for this today, and was bouncing in my seat with a big grin because of it. I have made no secret about what a nerd I am, so just to cement that fact, I will tell you this.

I collect comic books. ANY movie based on a comic, especially Marvel, I'm likely to go see. I can honestly say the only one I've been thoroughly disappointed with was "Hulk". Son of a bitch, I'm still mad about that one. To be fair though, Marvel didn't really associate with this one.

So far, it seems they've done right by this. Guess I'll find out in May.

No comments: