06 January 2008

More of what I listen to

As I'm sure you've already noticed, I mainly listen to rock music, in it's many shapes and forms. But it's far from the only music I listen to. That being said, when I was younger, I listened to a lot more "pop" music. That's because to me, it was a lot better back then. Now, it's rare I hear anything of that 'genre' that's worth listening to. There are some, though. Here are a few of them:


"S.O.S." - Rihanna


"Rosa Parks" - Outkast (still my favorite song of theirs)


"Jesus Walks" - Kanye West This song made me a fan, still my fav.

To me, true musical talent is always revealed in a live performance. Taking into account that any musician is entitled to a bad night, you can usually still tell the difference between an off night, and bullshit. That being said, let's move on..


"No One (live)" - Alicia Keys This girl is beyond talented. And have you seen "Smokin' Aces"? How can you not love her? :)

Last but not least for this post....

It's almost a requirement....almost. If you grew up in So. Cal. in the 90's, you probably love his music, too.


"Dear Mama" - Tupac Shakur I still love his music to this day. Always will.

No comments: