12 January 2008

See, I'm not THAT mean...

I know when it comes to work, it may seem like I'm a bitch to everyone. Not the case. Only to the people that think they can come into the restaurant and think they can treat me and my fellow employees any way they choose.

If you treat us in according manner though, we will do damn near anything to make our customers happy. We are lucky enough to have quite a few regular customers who are always nice to us, so things usually balance out.

For those of you who order food out, especially pizza, may know that most of the bigger chains take internet orders now, as to cut down on phone traffic and mistakes. My restaurant does this, and it has its ups and downs. A couple of the downs being that the internet doesn't know when we run out of product, so we have to call back some of our customers, and they don't always pick up. The other is that there is a comment section for special instructions, which far too many people abuse. Usually we just roll our eyes about it, as most comments entail, "bring us everything you can that we can get for free", or "I know the delivery time is supposed to be an hour and a half, but get it here sooner if you can", and other such gems. The most common is to have their pizza cut special, mostly smaller pieces or square cut. But a couple of weeks ago...

...we get an internet order, with special cut instructions for the second of their two pizzas...

It says, "cut pizza into Mickey Mouse". No bullshit.

Since I was the one cutting, I was the first one to see it. I started laughing, and called everyone over to see it. We all got a good laugh about it, then it happened.

"You dare me?", I asked everyone. To which they all said, "hell yes!"..of course.

So with the cut blade and kitchen knife in hand, I damn well did. I must say, considering that it only took about 2 minutes (I had other stuff coming out of the oven), and the tools I had to work with, it came out pretty damn good.

After everyone took pictures of it, Ian insisted on being the one to deliver it. He wanted to be the one to show it to them. Turns out when he got there, they had no idea about the ticket, as they had their daughter place the order. But they were more than amused that we had actually done it.

One of the many reasons my regular customers love me and the other employees.

So without further ado...

No comments: