24 December 2007

The holidays are great

Another joyous night at work, come and gone. It wasn't nearly as bad as I originally thought, but it was definitely interesting.

Everyone was very proud of me tonight. In the holiday spirit, I totally resisted the urge to knock some stupid girl out. She was asking for it so bad, she should have been wearing a sign that said, "please, oh PLEASE, kick me!!" Instead, I decided to let her make herself look like an asshole in front of the other customers. It worked.

She came into the restaurant with her parents, and her 11 year old sister. They decided they would eat there. Of course. They ordered, then went and sat down. Well, the three adults sat down. Little sister decided that jumping up and down on the booth seat like a fucking 2 year old was better than sitting. Until her weight jumping on the 15 year old booth seat made it break.
So big sister decided it was her job to come up and start bitching about how her little sister could have gotten hurt, and what kind of restaurant were we running, etc. Let her rant, then she went away, and I had Kat go get the seat and bring it to the office. Then big sister decided that she wanted her money back, corporate's phone number, blah, blah...the whole time I swear she was trying to get me pissed. I started to, then just showed her that I could be alot louder than she could. Got her name and information, gave them their money back, and sent them on their way. Called risk management, gave them all the info, and washed my hands of it all.

They'll give her free pizza, and since she's from out of town, we'll never see them again. Score.

The only other blip in the night was kinda funny, and our drunk call of the night. I was a little off, it didn't come until 9:45. I had just got back from McDonald's, was only gone a few minutes.
As soon as I came in the door, Kat started laughing, and said, "phone for you, manager".

Here we go....

me: "What the fuck is this one about?"

Kat: "He wants to know why delivery time is 2 hours, and he won't listen to me, he wants to talk to you. Oh, by the way, he's drunker than shit..."

Great.

me: "This is the manager, how can I help you?"

customer: "Yeah, why did I just have to wait five minutes to talk to you?"

VERY drunk....more fun to fuck with that way....

me: "Well, probably because we've been pretty busy all night, and it was the first chance I had for a break. I used it to go to the bathroom. Which is where I was. How can I help you, sir?"

customer: "Oh.....the girl that I was talking to told me that delivery time is over 2 hours, and I don't understand how that's possible. I've been ordering from you guys for years, and I don't see why I should have to wait that long."

Asshole...

me: "Sir, there are 8 people who called before you did, and ordered for delivery. My ONE driver is on 2 deliveries as we speak, and still has to get the other 8 taken care when he gets back. I'm not going to take your order, and then put it in front of the 8 people that ordered before you."

customer: "Why not? Not even if I pay you more than they did? I don't want to wait 2 hours."

me: "If you want pizza, that's how long it's gonna be."

customer: "Your the manager? You mean to tell me your willing to lose a customer over something like making me wait that long for food? I told you I'd pay more. You really would give up a customer like that?"

me: "Yup."

You have no clue how hard it was not to laugh at him. Especially with certain people in the backround laughing while they were listening to me mess with him.

customer: "Wow, I can't believe it. Well, I'm not gonna be eating at Pizza Hut anymore, that's for sure, and...."

Didn't even let him finish.

me: "That's too bad, sir. Since that's the way you feel, I'll just go ahead and put your account in the non-delivery section, so you won't have to worry about it. You have a good night. Goodbye."

*click*

I'll bet that fucker passed out, wondering if that conversation really ended that way.

No comments: