12 December 2007

My team beat my team..

Doesn't seem like it makes sense, does it? But it does to me. I guess I could go ahead and explain it to you..

I LOVE hockey. It's my favorite sport, baseball a close second. But that's another subject for another day. There's no baseball right now. Only HOCKEY!!

My favorite team? Hands down, the Vancouver Canucks. I started watching hockey 14 years ago, shortly before I left California. The Anaheim "Mighty" Ducks (as they were known then), were in their inaugural season that last year I was in Cali, and as I am an Orange County girl, the Ducks were the first team I knew, and the only team from Orange County I was willing to get behind. My first hockey game was that year, and it was the coolest thing ever. I even almost got my head knocked off by a puck.....awesome...

*note to self - always remember to bring softball glove to hockey games..*

Then shortly after said game (a Christmas present from my aunt), and halfway through that first season, I moved to Washington state, Gig Harbor to be exact. I followed hockey for another season, then between school, work, and a relationship with someone who had ZERO interest in sports, I kinda lost track.

Then things changed. Single again, no school, and a move to a new place....Bellingham. For those who don't know where this is, the easiest way to describe B'ham's location is...

1) One and a half to two hours north of Seattle, depending on traffic...or,

2) Twenty minutes from the Canadian border, and 45 minutes south of Vancouver, B.C.

And so hockey re-enters my life...kick ass....in the form of the Vancouver Canucks.

I even remember a lot of the players from the season I started watching again....Bertuzzi (my fav; shut up), Linden, the Sedin twins, Jovanowski, Morrison, Cloutier, and I think you get the point. Just the way they played together made me want to watch, and I learned alot about hockey that year. So I am a true Canucks fan forever, but I still hold a special place in my heart for the Ducks, and always will.

For fuck's sake, the Ducks were the first team to win the Stanley Cup on the west coast.....ever.

As for the title of this post....

Vancouver Canucks beat the Anaheim Ducks, 3 - 2

No comments: