26 December 2007

Today's music lesson...

I've spent the last 6 months, with a ways to go yet, replacing music that has been stolen from me in the last 10 years. Unfortunately, a bit of it will never be replaced. CD's I bought of bands that no longer exist, mostly purchased at shows I've been too.

Thanks to Amazon.com though, I've been able to replace things I never thought I'd see again. For example, one of the musicians I mentioned a couple of days ago, Carrie Akre. One of the first female singers I ever thought was great, and gave me two bands to love. The first?



Hammerbox. Got two albums from them before they split up. This song is called "Trip", it's from their second album, "Numb"....recently replaced...
The video is kinda funny, it was used for a series of videos made for the game "Road Rash". Never saw it before today, but I love this song, that's why I used it.


The second?



Goodness. Released 4 albums before splitting. Lack of a real record deal was the culprit of this split. Well, for some of the band at least. Carrie Akre still performs solo, and I've heard former bassist Fiia McGann still performs with her.

See, I know some stuff. Although to most....useless information.

No comments: