14 December 2007

It's what's for dinner.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't exactly have the best eating habits. Most people don't notice unless..
a) they have ever lived with me.
b) they work with me.

I'm not a picky eater or anything. I eat an extraordinary amount of vegatables. The only ones I don't really like are eggplant and sweet potatoes. Both disgusting as far as I'm concerned. Any others, I'm game. Also, I'm totally a carnivore. I LOVE meat. That being said, short of having to start killing it myself, this will not change. Like "someone" told me about a couple of weeks ago when we were talking about this very subject, this is what he had to say about it...

"If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he wouldn't have made animals out of meat."

Not a big fan of seafood, but once in awhile, I've been known to partake. Chicken I can eat all the time, and I usually only gorge myself on turkey when I am eating Kathy's, as she still makes the best damn turkey I've ever had.

But all this doesn't make it into my diet as often as it should....which is why I've never been skinny before....(working on that.....almost.....there....lol) The things that DO make it into my diet???

McDonald's...Carl's Jr...Taco Bell...you starting to get the picture?? I work alot, so I will normally just grab for what's closest.

French fries....I FUCKING LOVE FRENCH FRIES!!!! The one thing I will never give up...

Then, there is the food I eat when I am home....and believe me, it's not an improvement. There is a reason behind it. When I was younger, my mother was never around. There was always a party to go to, or another random guy to fuck, so she was never home. She always went with what was cheap, easy, and quick to prepare, so she could go on about her business. That being said, my diet consisted of things like TV dinners, frozen pot pies, SPAM, pretty much anything that was frozen that could be thrown in the oven and/or cooked quickly. There was one other thing too. Something that is a hold over from that time, that for some reason, I definitely developed a taste for. Something that ALL my friends (except Brian Freeman, he loves all the same shit food I do) think is funny and disgusting all at the same time....

I love the "Chef"..... Chef Boyardee, that is. Dinner in a fucking can...only takes about 5 minutes to warm up. Not in the microwave either. I only use the microwave for reheating, or popcorn. Otherwise, it serves no purpose. So yeah, I love Chef Boyardee, damn near every kind there is. It's not too expensive either, and is on sale often. Which is when I buy it in bulk...or at least used to. I'm trying to break from all the crap (except fries). But I haven't had it for months...and decided I just NEEDED to have some. So when I went to the store to pick up more Coca-Cola (NEVER Pepsi), I saw the Chef was on sale.

That's why it's what's for dinner...

Spaghetti and meatballs(?).....mmmmmm.......

No comments: