10 December 2007

Learning new things...

You are never too old to learn something new. They say, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"....that's just fucking nonsense. That's only true if the proverbial dog doesn't want to learn...

That being said, I have learned a new trick recently. Something I've had no real interest in learning before. What do I speak of?

...patience....

I hate waiting. For anything. If I have something planned for say, a month from now, I get all fidgity about it, and am usually bouncing off the walls a couple of days prior.

So since my sweetie is 1,000's of miles away right now, I've had to learn...fuck....

You may wonder why I don't put his name on this....frankly....

It's none of your fucking business.... :)

Honestly, it's because there are a few people in my life that will be led here by others who mean well, and those people I want kept out of that part of my life, so for now, certain things will be left out of this. Besides, we're both enjoy our privacy. Believe me, what I do share here is VERY general stuff.

Anyway....back to the point...

I guess patience can be a virtue. It still sucks. I have gotten rather good at it, though. I don't get much of him on the weekends, which was only bad the first couple of weeks. It is for a great reason though, so I adjusted. See.....patience...

During the weekdays, it's more of a matter of trying to figure out each others respective schedules so we know when we can spend time together. Also takes a fair amount of patience. Good thing there is a day planner on my phone. He has a slew of dates where he isn't working, so the only way I can keep track is to put them in my phone's appointment section.....so it can remind me.

In my learning patience, I have also learned something else....

The value of saying NO once in a fucking while.

Now that I actually have a private life again, I find that never saying no when people ask me for favors can really interfere with that. So "moderation" is also an interesting thing. One that goes quite well with patience. And in learning and engaging in the use of said virtues, I have been trying to teach my sweetie something he hasn't had very good luck with in the past....

....Compromise.....

Certain things I will have to go without now, due to allergies, or health issues. There are things on my end as well, that may require a bit of a compromise, but nothing major. You know what though? That's the way it's supposed to be. Relationships, the real ones, take certain amounts of everything....patience, compromise, understanding, and above all, honesty. So in case you need me to put it more clearly, yes, it's work. Thing is....

He is so very worth it.

No comments: