04 November 2007

I've put it off as long as possible

I really have too. It is part of the reason there is such a long gap in my writings. I've been busy catching up. Wondering what the hell I am talking about? My favorite TV show EVER!

"Heroes". If ever there was a show made just for me, this was it. The story line is fantastic, the actors are all great, and the fact that is portrayed in a kind of live-action comic book fashion is what actual does it for me.
I collect comics, so I pretty much see any movie or TV show associated with them. I hated the Blade TV show, but loved the movies (the trilogy, not the straight to dvd shit). I liked the Fantastic Four movies, Spiderman movies (Venom was the only real redeeming quality in the 3rd; what the hell with "emo Peter Parker"?), the original Superman movies (two is still my favorite), the Incredible Hulk TV show, but NOT the movie, the Daredevil movie, but not Elektra (shut up), Sin City and 300 are pure genius, you get my point.

I think the things I love most about the show is how it makes you identify with its characters. The way the stories of all the "special" people are tied together, and how they are falling into their roles of good and evil. How sometimes you can't tell which is which. The best thing about the show though are the two that really are the main characters of the show, even though they are not really billed that way. It is honestly the best example of good vs. evil I've come across in a long time.

The basic premise of the show (without spoiling too much), is after a solar eclipse, people who had "special" abilities started to discover them. One character, "the good guy": Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventigmilia) eventually discovers his power is he absorbs the "powers" of any one he comes into contact with. The other, "the bad guy" : Gabriel Grey/Sylar (Zachary Quinto), who has the same abilities as Peter, but gets them by stealing the brains of the person who has a power. The confrontations they had during season 1 were phenomenal, I can't wait to see what happens when they run into each other again, as each thinks the other is dead.

I can't wait until my sister sees this post.

I can already see it.

She is going to giggle, roll her eyes, and tell Beth, "my sister is such a dork"

I have never claimed otherwise. :)

No comments: