24 November 2007

Red Vs. Blue: pure genius...

I love video games. I have since I was 7 years old. Started with arcade Pac-Man, have worked my way from the Atari 2600 (I guess I am kinda old) through every version of the Nintendo (except the Wii, as I would either hurt myself or the TV). From Nintendo to Sony. I love my PS2, and if my house caught on fire, it would be the one thing I saved.

As I have devoted so much time to said video games, the ones that I play I am pretty good at. Games like the "Blitz" series of football, the majority of golf games, Need For Speed racing series, RPG's (Final Fantasy and Suikoden series, but not Zelda), and a few other random games. Tomb Raider, GTA, God Of War, Tetris, etc. There is one kind of game I generally avoid, as I am horrible at them. My friends that play them are always trying to get me to play them, but......nah...

First person shooters....

I suck so bad at those games. I have played them on occasion. Since I am such a good sport, my friends like to use me as a target. I used to go to my friend Nate's house twice a week for these "Halo 2" marathons he would have at his house. It was a two-story house, so our set up was 4 different rooms, 4 TVs, 4 X-Box's, and 16 very loud players. It was AWESOME.....I would mostly just run around getting killed, and once in a great while, my team would get lucky and I would get off a random good shot. Mostly just a target though. It helped supposedly.

I don't play them on my own though.

So yesterday I was led to a video called "Red vs. Blue", a very funny video based on the game "Halo". It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. Even more so due to the fact that 90% of my friends are addicted to that fucking game, and they take it so damn seriously. I have already seen this damn thing 7 times. In fact, it is on in the backround while I am writing this.

The Blue team consists of: Church, who is funny as hell, and who spends most of this season dead; Tucker, also funny, but because he is kinda stupid, and kind of an asshole, but in a funny way; and Caboose/O'Malley, who is dumber than a bag of rocks, and the funniest character to me.

The Red Team is comprised of: Simmons, who is probably the smartest one of the lot, but that isn't really saying much; Griff. who is the Red team equivalent of Tucker; and Donut (yes, Donut), who is only about 10 points ahead in the I.Q. department over Caboose.

Then there is Tex. But you have to watch it for that.

I got the giggles bad about a third of the way through. I have so many new swears, I am just looking for an excuse to use them. I got something else from watching this too, though.

This disgusting urge to learn how to play "Halo".

So I am going to ask my sweetie to teach me how to play. He doesn't know yet....

Just the mental picture I am getting of his reaction to this development is more than enough to send me into another fit of the giggles.....

So go watch it. It's about an hour an 10 minutes long, or you can buy it on DVD as well.

If you watch it on the net, make sure you look for the full season, or else you'll get it in the 3 - 5 minute clip form.

There are 5 seasons total, but I am still stuck on the first one, so I will have to get back to you on that.

No comments: