17 November 2007

Where my inspiration comes from..

It comes from a few different places. The way I think about life comes from my experiences, and my ability to survive it come mostly from the few people I have let get close to me in my life. Mainly from my closest group of friends; Dan Glasser, Laura Clemmer, Kevin Freeman (my brother), John Palmer, Jimmy and Kathy Stuart-Stevenson, Connor Bloom, The Mackenzie family, and the Gehring's (Betty, Fred, and David). These are all the people who have seen me through the worst times in my life, and I am forever grateful to all of them. They are the example of what true friends are all about.

I am sure most of you have figured out I don't have too much love for my actual family. Believe me, it is not without reason. But there are a few that meant and mean everything to me, even though I don't see or contact them as much as I should...some I wish I still could. My grandparents Garcia, who I loved more than anything, and who had more faith in me than anyone in my life. My grandmother Consuelo Martinez, gone a year ago this month, who had that same faith in me. Most importantly, my brothers and sisters; Carolina Elizabeth, Alfred Jr., Chad Allen, Heather Rae, Noah, Kevin, Ofelia Jessie, Martin, and Robert.

One day I will have to lay out the family tree; a project in itself...

I was going somewhere with this....

I don't go out much. I don't like being around that many people. For the most part, they just annoy the shit out of me. I can tolerate it in small doses for things like concerts, movies, and other little things like that. And, well, you get to hear about my exploits at work, so I won't even get into that. Other than that, being around too many people for too long brings about:

Frustration
Irritation
Claustrophobia
Panic

....so I stay inside....

Which brings me to my point...

The three people who inspired me to start this blog:

1) Matthew Good - His music is a true inspiration to me, as is everything he stands for. He does not try to be perfect, just human. His blog is really the first I ever read, and it is great. For those of you who don't know, Matt Good is a Canadian musician, an author, activist, and someone who is not afraid to share his opinions. I have gained a monumental amount of knowledge from his blog, as have the 1,000's who visit on a daily basis.

2)Raymi the Minx - A young lady who has been blogging since her teens, and as far as I am concerned, has one of the best blogs around. Based out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, her blog is basically her life, with pictures attached. Also very honest in her approach, and genuinely hilarious on a regular basis. Definitely the most fun.

3)Keira-Anne Mellis - The one whose blog actually made me start mine. Her open honesty (following the theme here, kids...) and willingness to share a lot of the personal aspects of her life, even the painful ones, is what made me realize what a good outlet blogging could be. Sometimes personal, sometimes informative, and yet others just plain fun.

These are the people that inspire my life, even if they don't all know it......

No comments: