17 November 2007

...you know it's true, there's nothing I can do about you...

It's funny how things in life happen sometimes....

For most, life is a pleasant experience. The have a good family life, good friends. They start families of their own, and do their best to teach their children their morals, and most succeed.

For others, not so pleasant. Sometimes born into bad situations, the end is not always good. The thing is, people react to similar situations in many different ways. Some are not strong enough, and let it overtake them. Some are stronger, but most of the time have to give up part of their soul in order to survive.

I ended up with a little of both.

I don't sleep much. Maybe 3 to 4 hours a night. I am a very light sleeper as well, so the slighest odd noise and I am awake. And can't go back to sleep.

I'm generally pretty quiet. I don't trust people, so any talking I do is usually nothing of consequence. You know, bullshitting about movies, music, any banal type of conversation like that.

I keep completely to myself. I have a million hobbies that makes this very easy to accomplish. Maybe too easy, but I am only completely at ease when I am alone, or around the very few people in the world I actually trust.

Like I said, funny how things happen in life sometimes....

I never expect much. It helps keep the disappointment factor down.

Then, out of left field...

It happens....

You finally meet someone that changes your life for the better.

Oddly enough, it is the equivalent of a swift kick in the ass...

Only in a good way.

Someone that I can talk to. That learned more about me in the first two weeks than the people closest to me. Who can make me laugh like no ones business at the drop of a hat, and who has literally turned me into a giggling idiot. That has shared more with me than he has with others. That I have apparently turned into a smiling fool (so I have been told). Who has taught me to stop looking at things in the negative. Someone who definitely knows how to make a girl feel like she is the most important thing in the world. Someone who is the most important thing in mine.

Someone who I can and do trust...

We have an immense amount of things in common, including much love for a short story called "The Night Opus". This is the quote I received from it, from him, a few days ago...

"...and as she returned, I watched her walk down the stairs. And, in that very brief moment, my mind took a picture. A picture of her smiling at me as she never had before. It was as if, for one split second, everything in the world stopped. Armies put down their weapons and decided to make war an affair of timed-kite flying, the worst teams in every sporting team on earth won by enormous margins, those that had nothing gained everything and I was standing in an openess so vast and spectacular that I was reduced to nothing more than a pickling jar filled with air saved from the beginning of time. It was, in a word, rapture. You may think it sounds unlike me or silly of me to say, but I hope that in your life you will know what I'm getting at."

I know...

So to you, I say....

Thank you, honey bear..

No comments: