05 November 2007

Pizza Chronicles - Part 1

Don't get me wrong, I actually do love to work. If I had a more set schedule, I would have 2 jobs. Unfortunately, that is not the case right now, instead I am splitting my time between 2 restaurants. The one that is not mine is pretty slow, so I really hate going there. Too boring. My restaurant though, always something to do; it is just a matter of whether it is due to customer flow, or the laziness of the manager before you. Today was particularly special, as I had the privelege of both.

I always get to work about 15 minutes early, so I was sitting in the office talking to Jessica, one of the girls I work with. I was talking to her about her and some of the other girls coming with me to do volunteer work for the holidays, and of course, here comes Brandon. Not only does he interrupt our conversation, this asshole has the fucking nerve to do so because he needs to vent. About what? The fact that he is tired of "that damn homeless guy" coming in every other shift he works and asking for food. "If he's so homeless, than why is he so clean? I doubt that he really is". Mind you, I am just looking at him, not saying anything, and Jessica is looking at me out of the corner of her eye, waiting to see if I am going to punch him or not. Not. He is not worth going to jail for. We get these kind of jems from him on a daily basis. He's just special.

I can almost guarantee you will be hearing more about him in future posts, as he manages to piss me off at least once a week.

Customers were fun as well today. We don't usually have too many issues, but then there are those days. Like the guy who wanted to call corporate and complain, he felt he should get free food because we were out of the little free packets of cheese, and we don't give out paper plates. YOUR GOING HOME ASSHOLE!!!!! You don't have dishes at home? Then stop buying fucking pizza and go buy some. While your at it, learn to cook, stop feeding this shit to your kids 4 days a week. The only people who complain are:

1) People who know how to lie to work the system for free food.
2) If the amount of money they are arguing with you about is less than $1.00
3) You didn't give them enough free shit (condiments, paper plates, napkins, silverware, cups)

I actually had 2 customers call, both very nice, both regular customers. One family orders about twice a week, the other family 3 to 4 times. Yeah, on average, 37 percent of our regular customers order an average of 4 days a week. Yes, they do track all that crap. Anyway, both basically wanted nothing more than to let me know that there order was wrong, to just double check it next time please and thank you.

Do you want a new pizza?

Oh, no. It's okay.

How about a store credit for next time?

No, no, that's not necessary.

I actually spent almost 10 minutes on the phone with one of the customers, as she insisted on apologizing for bugging me about her food being wrong. I just laughed at had to tell her about 4 times to stop apologizing, it is my job to make it right, and that she wasn't bugging me. So I gave her credit; she asked me not to.

I did it anyway.

I just don't understand why people are the way they are sometimes. I get upset when I go into other business, and see or hear customers being shitty to the employees. Believe me, I do not allow anyone to disrespect the people who work shift with me; ever. How sad is your life that you have to take out your frustrations on strangers. Do you really have nothing better to do? I have even embarassed a couple of assholes at a couple of different places just because they were being so obnoxious.

I feel better now. :)

This is why I started this blog you know. These are the kind of things I go off about when I'm bored, my friends seem to get a kick out of it. Besides, one can never have too many hobbies, keeps me out of trouble.

1 comment:

rabbit said...

sbolivarez said...
Well miss rabbit you know we all love Brandon so quit making up lies about him hahahaha

We should all get PH tattoos ok

November 7, 2007 5:51 PM
D A N G said...
if you guys do actually get PH tattoos, at least do me the favour of getting PH SUCKS tattoos - tell em all about the hat i used to wear, rabbit...

November 8, 2007 3:09 PM