20 November 2007

One is funny, the other, well......

So I have two stories for you today. One is funny. The other? Well, the only word I can come up with for it is "extraordinary". These are work stories by the way....

As you may or may not recall, we have school lunch (see first post), so we do not start delivering to the regular customers until 11:45 am.

This is what I tell the first customer who calls. Her reaction was typical...

"What? Well that is just stupid"

me, just listening...

"Do you have the number for Domino's then?"

me, in my sweet & nice voice...

"Sure, you ready?"

"Yes"

*click*

She did not call back.

I have a very low tolerance for stupidity.

The other story....

About 2:30 pm...customer calls, I get to answer, my phone person just went home.

Wonderful.

Right from the get, this woman is being a complete bitch, but not so much that I can't tolerate it.

Until I told her what her delivery time was.

She was apparently under the impression that she was the only person in Garden Grove who wanted pizza at that time. Driver was already gone with 2, and 4 waiting.

"Your pizza will be there at 3:30."

"WHAT!!!???"

"3:30" I said it a little slower so she could understand me better.

"Well, how long if I come pick it up?"

"15 minutes"

"So if I walk over there, I could have it that quick, but if I get it delivered it will take an hour??"

"Yes" Once again.....done...

"Well, I just don't see how the fuck that works, I......"

SO done....so she gets....

"Look, first of all, if you keep talking to me like that, you will never be getting food here EVER again. Since I am a manager, I can do that. Do you still want this order or not?"

"Yes..."

"Do you still want it delivered, or are you going to come get it?"

"I said delivered..." still with a fucking attitude...

"3:30"

*click*

I almost cancelled this order because I was so pissed off at that woman. Since I am not one to be that damn petty about it, and went ahead and sent her order through...

There is one funny point to this story. She was throwing such a huge fit about the delivery time...she is the SAME shopping center I am in. It would have taken her literally 2 minutes to walk over and pick it up.

Anyway, about a half hour later, phone rings. Caller ID. It's her again.

Here we go.....

"How can I help you?" I just acted like nothing happened.

"Yes, this is Beatrice, I just called and placed and order with you a little bit ago" very calm...

"Yes...."

"I just wanted to call and apologize"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even know what to say....

"No problem, it's okay"

She then spends the next few minutes apologizing for the way she acted, and of course, I told her it was fine, and that I really appreciated that she had done that.

And I really did. That shit never happens. I have been working customer service for near 20 years, and out of many 1,000's of owed apologies, that is the second one I have ever gotten.

I really do give that lady credit. It takes a lot of guts to call a complete stranger and apologize when you know you fucked up.

See, extraordinary....

I love my job.

No comments: