12 November 2007

I told you!!

I fucking knew it!! (Remember, I put an "I swear ALOT so beware" warning on my profile.)

Today was a whole bunch of suck.

But I worked it out.

I walked into work with my 'I only had 3 hours of sleep/super stupid weekend at work/I already know how busy it will be and I'm understaffed SO DON'T FUCK WITH ME' attitude.

Now don't get me wrong. The only people that ever get that from me all damn well deserve it. I believe in making the customers happy. When it comes down to it, I am the strictest manager there. But I am also very fair about it, which is why everyone prefers to work with me. They also appreciate the fact that I will not make them tolerate bullshit from any customer who disrespects them. For minimum wage? And in California, notorious for the disgustingly low minimum wage and the ridiculously high cost of living? I think not.

I had fun with it today. I had probably the most inexperienced phone person on the staff with me today. Very sweet kid, but way to slow for what overtook us 30 minutes after opening. At one point he looked at me in a panic, it was really funny (to me at least). So I started calling people and had 2 on their way shortly.

Remember, I told you yesterday about the buffet, right? Basically, pizza, pasta, breadsticks, and salad bar. There is enough room on the buffet bar for 6 pizzas at a time. For the first hour, we could not keep anything on there for more than a minute, no bullshit. Poor Juana, the day cook could barely keep up, and she is NOT slow. Now the dining room was full, but I couldn't figure out why we kept running through everything so quick, and yet half of the people there still didn't have any food. WTF???

Then on about my 10th trip out in that first hour, I found out.

SON-OF-A-BITCH!!!!!

So it comes down to this: The same family I had seen hovering by the buffet were still damn there. So I put down 2 pizzas, Robert right behind me with 2 more. Then I waited; and watched. Each one of those family members grabbed A plate, then proceeded to pile 1 WHOLE PIZZA on each fucking plate!!!

You have got to be kidding me.

Unacceptable.........so...........

From me, to them, in front of the 2 dozen other customers who have been waiting EXTREMELY patiently to get some food: "You know what really pisses me off? People who think are the only people who paid for food. I mean really, is it necessary to take that much at a time when obviously we are going to be bringing more out more. No, seriously look at all these people here still waiting for their first turn through, and the same 3 or 4 people are the only ones I see getting food. It's bullshit."

In those words.

Needless to say, after the next trip out, everybody else had food too, the cook had a minute to breathe, and we had a minute to try and get some of the tornado of a mess cleaned up.

All because of my big mouth.

That is why the regular customers and my boss loves me. I'm all about fair, man and if I have to be an asshole to accomplish that from time to time, well, so be it.

Yes, I know I write about work alot, but that is because I am always there, and there is usually at least one story a day to be had from it. Besides, it's all I do. lol Work, game, blog (which actually seems to be taking up more and more of my time....uh oh), watch movies, and listen to music.......

Oh, and I get to talk to the sweetest boy I ever met every day too.....

Shit...

Sorry....

...."the sweetest MAN I ever met".......

Oh, well, can't be helped ;p

No comments: