15 November 2007

Maybe that wasn't such a good idea..

So late Tuesday night (or early Wednesday, depending on how you look at it), I was catching up on some email, and as any of you who use Yahoo! know that they have stupid little advertisements everywhere on the page...

...ha ha, stupid me for looking at it...

It's not like I hadn't been meaning to do it anyway. It was just one of those things I subconciously kept myself from doing. I am already enough of a homebody as it is. I don't know, maybe it was because I was tired. Or maybe it is because I don't really like being around people in a large consumer setting. Like a video store.

So I did it. I signed up for Netflix.

How could I not? They are giving me the first 2 weeks for free. FREE!! That's how they suck you in, you know.

"We'll give you the first two weeks for free. Then, because you are so lazy, and the utter convenience of our service so lends to that, we own you."

Genius, if you ask me. Wish I'd thought of it first.

So, for 17 dollars a month, I can have 3 movies out indefinitely (thank goodness, no time limit).
It is a good deal for me, as I usually end up paying more in late fees than in rentals. Hollywood Video loves me. If there was such a thing as a platinum customer, it would be me. I wasn't a pain, I always paid my late fees, instead of being an ass and trying to save $2.00 because I was too lazy to get it back to the store on time.

Just another good reason for it: have you ever been stuck in line behind that one idiot who actually has the balls to walk up and ask the employee, "Do you have that one movie with that guy? You know which one I'm talking about, right?"

Of course he does, moron.

Within about 5 minutes, I already had 40 movies on my list. After talking to Susie today, I have to go add a few more when I am done with this. Well, a few is probably going to turn into too many. I hope there is some kind of cutoff number.

If I disappear, well, you know what happened.

No comments: