09 November 2007

A week ago today......

Funny sometimes how things happen. Your life is moving along, at its same old pace, and then out of nowhere, it happens. It is usually nothing major, mostly little stuff like, oh, I don't know, a speeding ticket, a simple act of kindness that makes someone else's day, you get the idea. The things, good and bad, that make an impression on your life.

But sometimes......

Sometimes it's a little more......

A week ago today, three things happened that have fundamentally changed my life, some in bigger ways than others.

The first? Eeehhhhhhh. My father (the donor), informed me of supposedly having to go to court this past Thursday, but you already know that story so......

The result: My making it MORE than abundantly clear that I would MOST DEFINITELY be leaving California come February. I hate California. Alot. Yeah, really.

The second? A phone call. From my mama. I know what your thinking. I am not speaking of the biological one, as she has never been a mother to me. The woman I refer to as "my mama" is Tammi, the woman my stepdad (to be known as the only one I call "daddy" from here on out) was going to marry a few years back. She helped me convince my dad to get custody of my brother and sister from my mother. She helped me discover that I was a human being, and that I deserved to be loved as much as anybody else. She helped me get into the school I wanted (Art Institute Of Seattle, audio production program), helped me get my first car, and took care of me from day 1 that I arrived in the Northwest. I hadn't heard from her in awhile. After my dad and her split up, she moved to North Carolina, with my brother Noah, and I moved to Portland with my now ex. We tried to stay in touch, but as the few people who I am truly close to will tell you, I am not the easiest person to keep up with. I like to move around alot. So when I finally got a cellphone again (I still say these damn things are the devil), she passed my number on. I forgot about it. Until last Friday. I was at work when I got the call, so I called her later and we caught up. It was pretty great. You know, I always wished that I had a mom I could talk to, to be able to cry on her shoulder, to be able to ask her advice, but I never had that. Until Tammi came along. I am grateful for everything she has ever done for me, and very happy to have her back.

The result: I have my mama back!! :)

The third? An email. This one is a little more complicated, I think.....hhmmmmm..........well there is really only one place I can go with this.......

To quote the great Matthew Good:

"The rest is just for me I'm afraid" ;p

Result: I'll get back to you on that one.....

1 comment:

rabbit said...

IceNine said...
Does That mean you're not gonna elaborate?

~"A Curious Party" ;p

November 9, 2007 9:13 PM
rabbit said...
....Hhhhmmmmmm....guess we'll have to see about that, won't we??? :)

~curious indeed~ lol

November 10, 2007 12:54 AM