08 November 2007

Well, that's 7 hours of my life I'll never get back.

What a fucking waste of time that was. I had court this morning. So I was told. It was insisted upon that I had to be there.

Bullshit.

Not only did I have to go somewhere I hated (Riverside; A.K.A. the 5th ring of hell), I had to get up at 7am to do it. I know that to most of the world that is not anything, to me, well......let's just say that anyone who knows me knows that for me to be awake at that time in the morning, it had better be important.

It wasn't.

So I get up, get ready, then spent the next hour listening to my father go on about my mother. Great. Thank god my email goes straight to my phone. Score!! Something to tune him out with.

Yes, I know she's a bitch. I lived with her a hell of a lot longer than you did.

So we get to Riverside, and then we go to our building (he thought) and go through the security check. People are stupid. I watched 3 assholes go through the check and make a big deal about how long it was taking. Well, maybe if you actually listened to the security guard, you would have heard him tell you to take off your watch, take the change out of your pocket, take off you belt, put you bag on the conveyor, then it would have taken you the 20 seconds it took me to get through. So after that, it was off to wherever. Which, after making him ask somebody, was another building 2 blocks down.

Wonderful.

So after finally finding the place, check in. Then wait. And wait. It was about a 30 minute wait, so not to bad, I guess. Still sleeping would have been better. Working my regular shift today so I could have kept my Saturday off and went to the Raiders/Bears game with my brother Alfred Jr. would have been the best.

More bullshit.

So finally, he gets called. I go to go in with him, but no, wait.....

"We don't need to talk to you, just your father."

Son of a bitch.

So more waiting. I am so pissed off at this point, I can't even see straight. I already wear glasses. Didn't look to see how long I waited, too pissed to see the little numbers on my watch.

So instead I read some tabloid magazine, don't know which one. Does it matter? Basically all the same anyway. So he came out. "Let's go".

"That's it?"

Yes, apparently it was. I know I am visibly upset by this point. And how does he choose to try and make it all better?

"You want to hear something funny?"

....waiting look.......

"They made some kind of paperwork mistake. We didn't have to come at all today", laughs.

You have got to be fucking kidding me....

Reason #4,176 why I choose to live 1,000's of miles away from these people.

No comments: